Renovations include dedicated Meet-Me-Area, security features and more
ATLANTA, May 20, 2020 – Colo Atl, a subsidiary of American Tower and the leading provider of carrier-neutral colocation, data center and interconnection services, announces the completion of several upgrades to its colocation and interconnection facility at 55 Marietta in Atlanta. Renovations made over the last several months will improve performance, security and overall efficiency for customers and tenants.
“As part of our ongoing commitment to provide state-of-the-art interconnection services within the telecom hub of Atlanta, we are constantly examining how we can bring greater value to our customers,” said John Ghirardelli, General Manager of Colo Atl. “The recent upgrades will give customers a more secure and stronger platform to connect their businesses.””
Colo Atl’s Upgrades Include:
- Officially opened and newly renovated Data Center Room 4 on the 5th floor
- Build out of new dedicated Meet-Me-Area on the 5th floor
- Upgraded security and surveillance system with new cameras throughout 5th and 8th floors
- Installation of new access control system to enable door by door authentication and access permission by use throughout entire facility
- Revamped workspaces built out in tech rooms on each floor offering dedicated space for customers, tenants and visitors
- Upgraded crash carts and other tools for customer and tenant usage
- Installation of new LED lighting throughout facility to lower energy consumption and provide higher safety
- Installation of two new 90” TVs in conference rooms
- New painting, carpet and Colo Atl signage
. To view photos and learn more about the upgrades, click here.
# # #
About Colo Atl
Colo Atl, an American Tower company, is the leading provider of carrier-neutral colocation, data center and interconnection solutions at 55 Marietta Street in the global telecom hub of Atlanta, GA. Colo Atl provides superior carrier-neutral colocation, data center and interconnection services at an affordable rate. Colo Atl is a carrier-neutral environment that allows all types of network operators to securely and conveniently cross connect within a SSAE 18 certified facility. Colo Atl has no monthly recurring cross connect fees between tenants within the Colo Atl Meet-Me-Area (MMA) and provides exceptional customer service.
Colo Atl is also home to the Georgia Technology Center (GTC), a live laboratory for network equipment vendors to highlight their optical and electrical hardware and operating systems, and the Southeast Network Access Point (SNAP), which provides next-generation Internet Exchange (IX) solutions, including SDN peering, testing, collaboration and implementation.